Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Bangalore in the making

That Bangalore is congested is nothing new. There are more vehicles on narrower roads. But what most people aren't seeing is the New Bangalore that is in the making.

In less than six months, Metro Rail will start running. That will change the face of Bangalore. Because any city is only as good as its transportation system. Once Metro is commissioned, bus system will also be changed.

I don't understand why people try to compare Bangalore with other cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. The Bangalore that we see today is only at the most 15 years old -- nothing in the life of a city.

Like a human being a city grows, and it's not often a smooth affair. What we need to do is to be supportive, and not cynical. We need to help the city grow well not obstruct. It goes to the credit of people and the media that the growth has bee in a very organised manner, keeping the essence and character of the city intact.

Let us all ensure that the city achieves great heights and becomes the best one not just in India but the entire world.

2 comments:

  1. when i come there next, i should be able to see the metro - i guess. looking forward to that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will be... It's going ahead at a great pace. I only wish such projects were taken up much earlier, not 15 years after it was first proposed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.