Monday, February 19, 2007

Turning cricket fortunes

This World Cup in the Caribbean will be interesting, definitely; more so because of the revival of the Men in Blue and the Men in Black.

For the first time in four years, Australia have been dislodged from the top. It wasn’t so surprising that Aussies were beaten by the Kiwis yesterday. They are shorn of their best known faces: Ponting, Lee, Gilchrist, etc.

For once India has been performing consistently. The victories don’t anymore look like a flash in the pan, instead like the result of some consummate planning and skilful execution. Interestingly, in Vizag, we notched up 263 without the efforts of Dravid, Sachin and Dhoni. But an explanation has to be sought from Sehwag for getting run out the way he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.