Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Discovery is back home safe

The return of Discovery is a cause for celebration of an extraordinary feat. Unlike in the past, from the pre-launch days... to the launch... to the days in space, it was problems, problems and problems. The technical skill of the crew and the ground staff, and above all their courage, needs to be appreciated.

And, remember, Discovery was commanded by a woman, a mother, Eileen Collins. It was she who took a number of crucial decisions, like the one on spacewalks and the repair works. Truly inspiring. Read her biographical sketch here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.