Friday, November 5, 2004

Bush is back

 
Not quite surprisingly, Bush is back. For the first time in US history, a President who didn't have popular mandate in the first term has managed to get re-elected. For Americans who are threatened by terrorism, understandably, Bush is a safer option.
 
The question now is will he continue to be unilateral or let moderates in to some extent. Ronald Regan had mellowed down in the second term. What now we can expect is an allout attack on Fallujah, and a more vigorous cleanup of Iraq. Also look out for what's up in Iran. It is the third in line after Afghanistan and Iraq. But going by Iraq experience, will his approach to Iran be different?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.