Saturday, September 18, 2004

BBC documentary on Beslan


At 5.45 pm I saw this moving documentary on BBC on the Beslan school siege. The survivors' story retold the entire episode with interviews from those lucky to surive the trauma. It spoke about the terror the sequence of events had struck in women and children. Three children were interviewed.

There was also this mother who was released with her five-month-old daughter, but had to leave his seven-year-old son behind. When she asked if she could hand over the baby to someone and come back to join the son, terrorists told her there was nothing to worry and she need not return. The boy was died. The mother still can't get over this feeling that had she rejoined him, probably she may have survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.