Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year, 2018

It's been quite a while since I posted something here.
Have been thinking what to write, though there are a few interesting thoughts to write about.
But quite hard pressed for time as well.

Stuck in office, like last year, on New Year's eve.
Missing the party in my apartment complex.
One consolation is that I am not alone.
There are plenty people out there who are missing the fun, since they are at work.
Factory workers; hospital staff; security officials; bus, train and airline employees are just a few of them.

Any New Year resolutions?
It's tempting to have one.
But in practice, any other day is also good to take a resolution, is it not?
Nevertheless, the turn of a calendar year is significant in its own way.
If nothing else, the festive air has a rejuvenating effect.

Wishing you the best of times in 2018 ... !!!

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy new year and all the best in 2018.

    Where resolution are concerned, I don't really take them, I joke year after year that my resolution is to keep on being awesome.
    But seriously this is one that I am sure to keep, and it's a good habit to think of oneself positively, there are enough people around us that will bring us down or want to see us fail, no need to join that gang ourselves :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia, for you good wishes.
      Wish you the very best in 2018!
      I liked your thought. I believe in it, and I have been practising that for quite a while. And it works.
      What you say -- "No need to join that gang ourselves" - is so true. We should never stake our well-being on what others say or do. We must have our own priorities to propel us forward in life.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.