Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Evening showers in Bangalore

Bangalore has been getting heavy showers in the evenings. Yesterday around 5 pm it rained so heavily it looked like actual monsoon showers. The rain comes down suddenly. In Bangalore if it's pouring like mad in one place it could be as dry as parched land just 5 or 6 km away. The night now is cool with the sudden burst of rain. It is so refreshing to be on the balcony looking at the falling drops. The starless sky is illuminated intermittently by streaks of lightning.

2 comments:

  1. i can smell the water on dry soil...the smell of rains is bewitching....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I envy you!
    Chennai could do with some showers like that right now- we have been melting in temperatures that in the last week have been touching 42degrees C.
    "The starless sky is illuminated intermittently by streaks of lightning" - so well expressed, almost poetic.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.