Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Success story of Malaysia

Malaysia turned 50 on August 31. From being a poor poverty-stricken, Communist insurgency-plagued nation, today it is a fast-developing multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-racial, tolerant society. Much of the credit goes to Dr Mahathir bin Mohammed, who served as the nation's Prime Minister from 1981 to 2003.

"The Malaysian Miracle" by Joseph Stiglitz, traces its mainly economic success story. The author is University Professor at Columbia University. In 2001, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in economics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.